Monday, December 12, 2011

I have a 2006 renault megane 1.5dci,can anybody tell me how long to change a timing belt,in hours approx.?

I have been quoted some rediculous prices,to replace the timing belt,has anyone any idea how long in labour charges,to replace belt,to the nearest half hour would be good,thanks.I have a 2006 renault megane 1.5dci,can anybody tell me how long to change a timing belt,in hours approx.?
Hi there, 3hrs is the book time for changing a timing belt kit on this type of car, I't doesn't mean that if they garage has prior experience changing this type of belt that they will charge you less. The job involves using special tools correctly to lock your crankshaft and camshafts, so that the belt can be removed and a new belt fitted correctly. I would also take this opportunity to advise that when you change a timing belt, any other associated componants are changed too ie timing belt driven water pump and any tensioners as normally these are affected by the un-tensioning and tensioning of the old and new belts.

Hope the helps.I have a 2006 renault megane 1.5dci,can anybody tell me how long to change a timing belt,in hours approx.?
takes about half an hour if the mechanic really wants to fix it
For a front drive car 5 hours is about the norm
the time quoted by renault is about 3 hours. but to be honest if a garage has changed a few in the past there is no reason why it should take them that long. So at the end of the day a good honest garage would discount any quote they have given if they are interested in doing the work for you, because they will know full well it won't actually take them the 'book time'.
Autodata gives 2.0 hours - this is the system all garages use, so should be 100% accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment